Friday, April 18, 2008

#12 NetLibrary

I signed up for NetLibrary and after striking out looking for a few authors, I lucked out with a search under "Scotland". Since I am taking a trip there in June I am trying to immerse myself in Scottish culture, both through fiction and non-fiction. This kind of site is a great idea, but personally, I don't think I will be using it much considering its content. I found NetLibrary a bit clumsy to navigate (or am I the clumsy one?). I am a browser by nature, and I think you really need to have a clear idea of what you are looking for unless you wish to browse endlessly through their 3,400+ books.

I also checked out eBooks, love the idea, but probably not pay for downloads.

WorldCat is a such a helpful source, I used it while at Rutgers - I did the advanced search on the blog for fun and found that 28 other libraries own Ocean County: Four Centuries in the Making.

No comments: