Tuesday, April 22, 2008

#13 Del.icio.us

My favorite aspect of de.icio.us is that it is an easier way to access my favorites than just bookmarking. I began a del.icio.us account this past summer during my web. 2.0 class and find it is easier to use than just using my "favorites" button which is about a mile long now and I am very bad about sorting things into folders. This king of tagging allows for easier access and organization. I had not thought to use it at work, but now I am opening another account (I have had to create a list of all these new accounts with my usernames and passwords - keeping technologically up-to-date has demanded I improve my organizational skills!).

I really appreciate seeing how libraries are using this tool, especially for reading lists (Stafford's Southern Regional Middle School. Looking for a particular book and then having a direct link to the record is a great idea, convenient and quick. And a bit of serendipity for me was discovering that the TCNJ link you provided was for Italian studies - a language I have been trying to learn for years. Molto grazie!

As I progress through these exercises, I am eager to see how our library begins to use these web 2.0 tools as a system.

No comments: