Thursday, May 15, 2008

#21 Podcast

I find podcasts a fine idea but I generally do not have the patience to listen to one unless I know IN ADVANCE that it is worth my time. Okay, first I started on Podcast.com with Go Vegan with Bob Linden (GoVeganRadio.com), but it was an hour of this guy rambling on. I am already a vegan and I cannot imagine any vegan listening to what they already know expressed in such a sophomoric way and anyone who is not a vegan would not be convinced or think anything except this guy is so untintelligent it is not worth their time. So I tried another site after an agonizing 5 minutes. Vegan A Go-Go was a sweet site that was a multisensory vodcast....the video "Dreaming of Lentil Soup" played with a lite girl band, Hearts of Palm, as the soup was made, the ingredients were listed on the screen as they were added and the recipe was listed underneath in its entirety. As a longtime cook and vegan cooking teacher, I really appreciated that. This site is done by a gal named Jess and she has other recipes in which she just demonstrates like any other cooking show, but the recipe is always written below the podcast.

I am not sure I would subscribe only because I just don't have the time to watch all these things, but I love that they exist and are available if needed.

No comments: