Thursday, May 8, 2008

#16 Wikis

I love wikis and how easy they can make information possible. I had created one on my own to accompany my homeschooling blog as part of a school assignment last summer as well as creating one with others in my class. And I was fortunate enough to see demonstrations of how they are used in other libraries. The potential there is great - Albany County Public Library's wiki is impressive and the children's pages well thought out. Imagine if we had a library wiki here where we could check in each day, see what is happening as it is kept up to date by each of us (absences, cancelled programs, calendars, heads-up, etc.).


LOL about Sparks' color being changed - but it really brings home the beauty of what a wiki is all about. If someone posts misinformation, leave it to someone right there to jump in and correct it! Information by the people, for the people...

The public library bloggers wiki is something I hope we will be listed on soon.

No comments: