Thursday, May 15, 2008

#22 Listen NJ - Success!



I was foolish enough to try this at work but soon gave up. This was a much easier task to accomplish at home where I did not have any trouble with firewalls, etc. I searched around on this site for a while, just to see the titles contained within. While searching the "children's fiction" link, I was surprised to see titles for both young children and YA and then finding some children's books under "teen fiction." I decided to download The Dark Is Rising Sequence, Book 1, Over Sea, Under Stone by Susan Cooper, a book I have been wanting to read/listen to for a while (my reading pile will outlive me by far!). I had no trouble downloading the OverDrive Media Console to my PC and now have it on my desktop. I began listening to it - Success!!! There is an option to burn it to a CD and since I do not have an MP3 player - yet :) - I will burn it to my own CD's and listen in the car. Depending on the books choices available, this could join the ranks of my favorite things of the web challenge.

No comments: